1. Bangalore was the first city in India to receive electricity.
2. Bangalore University has highest number of students going Abroad for higher studies taking the first place from IIT-Kanpur.
3. Bangalore has only 41% of local population(i.e.Kannadigas).
4. Hence a true cosmopolitan with around 21% Tamilians, 15% Telugites, 11% Keralites, 6% Europeans, 6% a mixture of all races.
5. Bangalore has the highest density of traffic in India.
6. Bangalore has the highest number of 2-wheelers in the world and also the dubious reputation for the highest 2-wheeler thefts.
7. Bangalore is considered the Fashion Capital of East comparable to Paris.
8. Bangalore is rated one of the Cleanest cities in India.
9. Bangalore has produced the maximum International Sports persons in India for all sports ahead of even Mumbai & Delhi.
10. Bangalore has the highest number of Anglo-Indians in India.
11. Bangalore has the richest people in India. The line of poverty is the least of all cities of the world.
12. Bangalore has produced the maximum number of scientists considered for Nobel Prize nominations (from India).
13. Bangalore’s Lalbagh botanical gardens is credited to have one of the most diverse man made collection of flora.
14. Bangalore has produced the highest number of professionals in USA almost 60% of the Indian population abroad is from Bangalore (except Gulf).