Identification of being Emotionally Attached vs Love
Love is one of those things that almost every person on this planet is searching for. Some may get it where most may not get it. And the most important is getting a true love or companionship has been distinct.
Some of us want it so badly that we get swept up in the initial stages of romance, blinded by feelings of lust, affection, and desire. There’s no better feeling in this world than finding a person who loves you just as much as you love them.
But, sometimes we idealise people, rather than letting them just be themselves. And this is because we’re searching for our own validation, rather than a genuine, loving bond.
Sometimes what we think is love is really just an emotional dependence that we’ve come to rely on for our own satisfaction and self-worth.
Listed below are few signs that your relationship might not be as healthy for you as you think it is:
1. A large portion of your self-worth is derived from your significant other’s approval, affection and attention.
2. You and your partner have stopped doing the things that you used to do without one another, or have completely removed yourselves from other relationships that were important to you.
3. You care less about who your partner really is on the inside than you do about how well they maintain appearances in front of friends and family.
4. You enjoy having a bit of control over your partner, and become upset and distant when they don’t do as you wish.
5. You feel extreme jealousy whenever your partner spends their time with someone other than yourself.
6. You genuinely feel as though you would never be able to recover, or move on in life, if your partner left you or passed away.
7. You have a constant worry that your partner is going to just up and leave you for someone else. You notice that you are possessive of him or her when there are other people around them.
8. You think that you can transform your significant other into the partner you’ve always wanted.
9. You value your partner’s validation way more than your own validation.
10. You’re always ready to bail on whatever plans you’ve made in order to spend time with your significant other.
11. You always give priority to them, and in return you are least bothered.
12. Always the plans are made by you and destroyed by the other.
This list could be small because this was the extract from various sources.