If any amendments are required, please write to prm @ kokulakrishnaharik.in or DM at Facebook
We have tons and tons of things while moving to another country from a home country. This is highly challenging, and most of us don’t have a clear idea as what to do and what not to do. I was under significant pressure to have things right. You can read about my issue here. This is not an extensive full list, but as a solo migrant, this should be perfectly fine.
- Collecting your BRP (Biometric Residence Permit)
- Opening a Bank Account
- Registering with the GP (NHS)
- Get online access (Patient Access) with NHS
- Get your Oyster Card
- Seek appointment for National Insurance (NI) if it isn’t in your BRP
- Get Rain Coats & Umbrella for the entire family
- Setup Mobile & Internet services. It usually takes 15 days.
- Register for Voting with your local council.
- Apply for your Provisional Driving License (LLR). You can drive in the UK with Indian Driving License and no need for an International Driving Permit.
- Change Social Media location to #London, #UnitedKingdom and have a Display Picture next to the London Bridge or Tower Bridge. (Note Tower Bridge and London Bridge are different from each other – it took me 3 months to realize it)
- Register for Council Tax.
The above list is not full and not in order. But do let me know if I missed something by messaging me on my Facebook.