Conversation with future Spouse – Part 6/28 – Home Management
Home Management is sometimes misunderstood that it’s the duty of women. But it is not actually. Here are few questions which needs to be asked before setting up the home or ensuring that your home is compatible enough for your future spouse.
- Did you have a paying job when you were in high school? Before high school?
- Do you believe in establishing a family budget?
- Do you believe in prenuptial agreements? Under what circumstances?
- Do you believe that a certain amount of money should be set aside for pleasure, even if you’re on a tight budget?
- Do you gamble?
- Do you have significant debts?
- Do you pay alimony or child support?
- Do you prefer urban, suburban, or rural settings?
- Do you think of your home as a cocoon, or is your door always open? What do you need to feel energised and inspired in your home?
- Has money ever been a factor for you in the breakup of a relationship?
- Have differences about home style ever been a factor in the breakup of a relationship?
- Have you ever been called cheap or stingy?
- Have you ever used money as a way of controlling a relationship? Has anyone ever tried to control you with money?
- How important is it for you to have a space in your home that is yours alone?
- How important is it for you to make a lot of money?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- If you had unlimited resources, how would you live?
- Is it important to have your own private home, or do you prefer apartment or condo living, with a management company responsible for the maintenance? Are you a do-it-yourselfer, or would you rather hire professionals? Do you prefer to clean your own home or hire a housekeeper?
- Is quiet important in your home, or do you prefer having music or some background noise most of the time? Is it important to have a TV in the bedroom? Living room? Kitchen? Do you like to sleep with the TV or radio on?
- Should individuals within a marriage have separate bank accounts in addition to joint accounts? Do you feel that bills should be divided based on a percentage of each person’s salary?
- What is your annual income?
- Who should handle the finances in your family?
Will meet you back shortly!